Monday, May 11, 2009

Fire-Foxier-Browser-Than-IE

I will say this now and get it off my chest: I hate hate hate IE. It has always been an unstable, clunky and frustrating browser for me to use. Never ever enjoyed using it and the minute I discovered an IE alternative, I jumped off the IE ship. I have been a firefox user for YEARS! I even use firefox instead of safari on my Mac at home. That's right, I prefer firefox over the almighty safari :)

We all know the internet is not static. In fact, the internet has been able to facilitate the inborn fickle nature of computer users today. The firefox plugins have always been very helpful and have allowed firefox to grow along with the internet and the short attention span of it's users. The google toolbar for example, shaves precious seconds off of your searches. Why navigate to google THEN type in your search when you can jump immediately into your search? Say, for example, you have a horribly misinformed friend that thinks Kirk is a better captain that Picard. This type of dilemma needs lightning fast internet-nerd-backed-proof that Janeway is better than both Kirk and Picard.

If plugins are this effective for semi-important usages, imagine the uses it could have for library related things! Thanks to the delicious bookmarks you can instantly bookmark relevant websites as you are researching articles or to help supplement your general interest in a topic. E-mail this will let you instantly share relevant article information with classmates, coworkers etc. This type of quick access to tools for the internet makes firefox a versatile and helpful browser.

Thanks to the awesome web-surfing powers of firefox you discovered a series of videos featuring a lovable cat playing the keyboard anytime someone has an embarrassing faux pas:



Thanks firefox, for satisfying my short attention span with all kinds of internet awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment